Communications and Media Intern
We are looking for a person with exemplary writing and communication skills and a passion for, and at least a basic knowledge of, the sustainability movement and growing community.
Responsibilities Will Include:
– Regularly documenting through writing, photography and video various new projects and finished projects, as well as events at the organization
– Managing our blog, Facebook, and Twitter
– Working with us to develop new ways of engaging interested people and sharing our work
– Reaching out to other local organizations with overlapping interests in order to build a stronger network and purpose partnerships
– Strong writing and communication skills
– A working knowledge of how to post and edit in WordPress or other blogging platform
– Experience with social media, primarily Facebook and Twitter
– Basic photo and video documenting and editing skills
– Overall strong web and digital skills
– A strong interest in all things sustainability: growing food, land stewardship, community building, building/water systems/heat systems design, and more.
This position is unpaid. We are a 501c3 umbrella organization, so if you had the interest in finding a grant to fund your position here you could use our sponsorship. What we have to offer is helping you develop stronger PR/communications/video/social media skills. You would work with a handful of us, all who work professionally in that relevant fields. You will also be exposed to and involved in a lot of hands-in-the-dirt type work, which is usually soul expanding. Also, we are mostly very nice, which makes for a wonderful work environment.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible, since the season for exciting things is getting fast underway. We require a 5-10 hour per week, with at least a three month commitment. In many ways, we are flexible and are willing to work with the right person to tailor this program to individual strong points.
Please send a resume and cover letter.
If you read this and think of someone who might be interested in this, help spread the word.
We are also looking for a gardening/building intern and will post a description for that soon. Thanks!